Maximizing VMware investments in the Oracle cloud VMware solution
Oracle Cloud VMware Solution is a service offered by Oracle Cloud that enables customers to run their VMware workloads on the Oracle Cloud infrastructure. The solution provides a fully managed infrastructure for running VMware environments in the cloud, making it easier for customers to take advantage of the benefits of the cloud, such as scalability, security, and reduced costs, while still using their existing VMware tools and processes. With Oracle Cloud VMware Solution, customers can migrate their VMware-based workloads to the cloud, modernize their IT infrastructure, and support their digital transformation initiatives.
Oracle Cloud VMware Solution and Service Highlights
- VMware SDDC running on Oracle bare metal
- On-demand capacity and flexible consumption
- Full operational consistency with on-premises SDDC
- Seamless workload portability
- Direct access to native services
- Global Oracle footprint, reach, availability
- 100% Customer managed
- No ongoing provider access
- Start with 3 ESXi hosts and scale up to 64 hosts in a single SDDC
- All VMware components are distributed across different fault domains within the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure region’s availability domains
- vSAN converged storage technology replicates data across all of the ESXi hosts in the SDDC
Oracle Cloud VMware Solution (OCVS) provides a customer-managed, native VMware-based cloud environment hosted in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). Oracle Cloud VMware Solution will allow you to spin up a VMware SDDC in the Oracle cloud with total control. VMware SDDC provisioning is completely automated, eliminating the operational overhead necessary to set up a new data center.
VMware vCenter, ESXi Host, vSAN, and NSX-T make up a single SDDC. Additionally, it includes the VMware HCX, which enables smooth workload migration to the cloud and lets you extend your on-premises data center to the Oracle cloud.
- Organizations can use Oracle Cloud VMware Solution (OCVS) to transfer VMware workloads to Oracle Cloud without altering them.
- Organizations maintain their current VMware-based tools, processes, and regulations while gaining scalability and agility.
- Organizations have complete control over their VMware deployments while utilizing Oracle Cloud Infrastructure features.
Oracle Cloud VMware Solution (OCVS) Features
VMware Cloud Verified
Organizations can use the Oracle Cloud VMware Solution for self-service provisioning and have full administrative privileges, including root access and it grants the complete control over the computer’s hardware and software.
Leverage adjacent Oracle Cloud services
Modernize a portion or all of your application stacks with local access to Container Engine for Kubernetes and Prophet Capabilities. Increase benefit levels and lower overhead with a diverse cloud database cluster that includes Prophet Exadata, Autonomous Data Stockroom, Independent Exchange Handling, Prophet NoSQL Database, and others.
Migrate VMware estate
Customers can use the Oracle Cloud VMware Solution to migrate VMware workloads to the Oracle Cloud without changing them. Customers are growing in size and agility while continuing to use existing VMware-based tools, processes, and policies.
One of the benefits is with Oracle is that they offer uniform pricing across all global regions. Oracle’s approach simplifies cost management and eliminates billing surprises.
Ease of operations
Rely on a single VMware specification that works both on-premises and in the
cloud, eliminating the need on porting applications, refactoring code and
addressing configuration discrepancies.
Use the same VMware tools
On-premises VMware-based applications can be managed using the existing skill sets with the on-premises tools you’re already familiar with, such as vSphere, vCenter Server, vSAN, NSX, and HCX. Improve your tried-and-true on-premises IT sending structures and forms. Create your cloud environment to work in tandem with your on-premises environment.
High-performance, elastic, and verified
Oracle Cloud VMware Solution’s Oracle Cloud VMware Solution’s bare metal compute instances provide customers with 156 cores—the highest CPU core count available for any VMware-based solution in the market today. VMware Service is “native” to OCI and can be deployed in all locations from day 0.
Solution Pricing Model
Customers have the selection of deploying Oracle Cloud VMware Solution (OCVS) infrastructure with the flexibility to consume VMware on their terms. Prices are available for a one-year or three-year commitment with discounts, monthly and hourly rate is out there